German renowned author and playwright Rolf Hochhuth, who recently turned 85, has urged his country to exit NATO for the sake of its own future, otherwise it is running the risk of being destroyed, as the most populous NATO contingent and Pentagon’s “weak-willed satellite”, he told Sputnik.
Sputnik Deutschland has sat down with Hochhuth to discuss his new book “Ausstieg aus der Nato oder Finis Germaniae” (Exit from NATO or the end of Germany) and what he implied by such a provocative title.
“With it I wanted to say that the Americans, as was recently claimed by a Swedish high-ranking military official, will soon launch their planned war against Russia, which will result in the destruction of us Germans, as the most populous NATO contingent and Pentagon’s weak-willed satellite,” Hochhuth told Sputnik.
“I wrote the whole book to confirm that I am not just panic-stricken, but my panic is based on facts,” he added.
With all respect for Rolf Hochhuth I am surprised that he is not aware of the fact that Germany is actually not a member of NATO but rather American (and British) occupied territory. I like his proposal but there is a question there (quite a big one) – How does he think Germany could exit NATO? I mean, does he REALLY think that something like that is possible? What is his plan? To write a letter to Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and ask him to pull his military from Germany? I am a bit skeptical about success of something like that. Not to mention that the next “commander in chief” might be Killary Clinton already competing for being declared one of the most blood-thirsty (possible) presidents of USA. For his proposal to be possible Mr. Rolf would need several million Germans marching down streets of their towns and DEMANDING it – well how much is there chance of seeing that? Historical experience is showing that people usually do that when it is too late – particularly if they are daily brainwashed with mainstream media owned and controlled by the same ones that are occupying Germany.
The above statement comes as a comment to the warning of a Swedish top military commander that World War III was on the horizon and that Sweden would be at war with another country within years.
Major General Anders Brannstrom wrote in his January statement to his country’s soldiers that they will be going to war “within a few years,” possibly with Russia, and even went as far as telling them that World War III is around the corner.
“The global situation we are experiencing and which is also made clear by the strategic decision leads to the conclusion that we could be at war within a few years,” Brannstrom then said.
- Is his surname really “Brannstorm”? Or there is some storm in his brain (or whatever is up there)?
- “Possibly with Russia” – oh what a surprise general!
- Are Swedish soldiers going to be issued with instruction to sleep in their uniforms from now on so they will be dressed before they are, well – gone – God is apparently constantly saving the Queen and blessing America and there are serious doubts that he will have time to take care of Swedish soldiers in a case of a war “possibly with Russia”.
- General Brannstorm we could have a rain this afternoon here in Cambodia as well. However, sky is pretty clear at the moment. Do you have any suggestions?
With regards to Crimea, the author cited Helmut Schmidt, former West German chancellor, who died in November last year, as saying some two weeks before his death:
“Stop, at last, with your worthless sanctions! Neither Crimea nor Ukraine have even been sovereign entities!”
“Why do we, Germans, need this Crimea?” Hochhuth wonders.
“We are the only nation which has twice gone up to Crimea within 26 years,” he said referring to German occupation of the peninsula during First and Second World Wars and subsequent defeat of the German army.
“Probably we should abstain from doing it for the third time. Or are we going crazy?” he wondered.
Hochhuth also cited as an example the reaction of former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who was outraged with NATO working out a scenario of destroying the German cities of Dresden and Potsdam with atom bombs for the sake of Americans, and demanded to drop the plan in its entirety.
The plan has been stopped, the author said, but there is no guarantee that NATO won’t continue with ideas like this.
“Chancellor Merkel, of course, does not foresee such a development, but we are deprived of independence” he added.
In the German Cabinet of Ministers there is only one man of honor, Hochhuth said, and it is Wolfgang Schäuble, Minister of Finance, who fatalistically admitted that Germany has to put up with the fact that it is not a sovereign state.
- “Why do we Germans, need this Crimea”? Good question! You should be more concerned about keeping whatever you have. If you continue playing with Crimea you might lose it all. Mind your own business in the best interests of your own safety. See, Slavic soul can always forgive but rarely forget. That forgiveness is also conditional. Don’t abuse it please for the sake of your own survival. World might or might not survive WWIII but if that happens you can be sure about one thing – Germany will not survive it.
- “Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who was outraged with NATO working out a scenario of destroying the German cities of Dresden and Potsdam with atom bombs for the sake of Americans….” Oh, another surprise! I thought they have done EXACTLY the same thing towards the end of the world particularly in Dresden.
- “The plan has been stopped”. Are you sure? I would not trust your current masters with that mate.
- “Germany has to put up with the fact it is not a sovereign state”. No, it does not actually. Stand up and say clearly what do you want and we will stand right next to you.